Friday, August 24, 2012

Basic Chicken Cutlets and Caramelized Broccoli with Garlic

Back by popular demand - a recipe post!

We actually cooked a healthy dinner tonight!
I love breaded chicken, but the packaged stuff is always full of who knows what.  So, I wanted to try my hand at doing it myself.

I found this Basic Chicken Cutlet recipe from Woman's Day.  It was super simple, literally just season the chicken with salt & pepper and coat with Panko breadcrumbs and cook in some oil.  Very easy and a great base to experiment and add other seasonings to.

B loves broccoli, and I've been meaning to try this recipe for a long time.  And...it got rave reviews!!
Caramelized Broccoli with Garlic from Food & Wine magazine was super easy to make.  The crushed red pepper really gave it a nice kick.  I may have overcooked it a little, as it was a bit mushy.  Thankfully, B likes his broccoli mushy.

To round things out we also made some brown rice as well.  Here's a picture of my masterpiece:



No comments:

Post a Comment